Friday, September 25, 2009

Fernanda Covarrubias





To begin, I should mention that I chose the second picture because it was the most that struck me...
When I entered to the blog to know what would be the next wonderful piece of art that we would have to analyze, I felt inside me something fascinating after I saw the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Thank God and the continuous effort of my parents, I had the opportunity to travel to France and admire this amazing piece of art. And, the thing that surprised me very much (that I would like to share with you) was that how that old building could move me so many beautiful things, like memories, dreams and desires...
For me, it was very exciting and important to know this "bit of God (house)", because in addition to enjoy and contemplate the wonderful Gothic structure (ogee archways, ribbed vaults and the flying buttress wondrous or beautiful Rose windows), the beauty of the west facade (belonging to the twelfth century), and the encounter with a place specially dedicated to our Blessed Mother, Our Mother of Guadalupe... I felt that I was in heaven.
I imagine that some of you might wonder, well... and why did not you choose something more "representative" of the cathedral of Notre Dame? Why not a stained glass window, or a column or an arch? Well, because for me that is not as important as the spiritual space.
And with that, I am not saying that all those details are not important (because in fact are rather interesting and significant), but I think that them are not the most necessary in a church. This place is sacred (of course that if the churches have beautiful and striking objects... it demonstrates a greater admiration behavior toward God), but I think that the heavenly feeling of the people is the main element.
It is by this that I preferred to select the photo of our Morenita, our Blessed Mother of Guadalupe, rather than add “something more artistic”, because in it, you can appreciate a sense of harmony, peace and quiet... a hunch affection and esteem for our Virgin.


Bibliography
Notre Dame, visited on Thursday September 24, 2009. Available at:
http://barcedona.blogspot.com/2008/11/notre-dame-cathedral.html
Notre Dame, visited on Thursday September 24, 2009. Available at:
http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Cathedrals/Paris/Notre-Dame.shtml
Notre Dame, visited on Thursday September 24, 2009. Available at:
http://www.paris.org/Monuments/NDame/
Notre Dame Cathedral, visited on Thursday September 24, 2009. Available at:
http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Notre_Dame_Cathedral.html
Notre Dame Cathedral and Guadalupe´s Virgin, visited on Thursday September 24, 2009. Available at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jssutt/3569437271/



No comments:

Post a Comment